Novartis Pharmaceuticals Senior Scientist - Laboratory Analytical Expert in Fort Worth, Texas
90! The number of New Molecular Entities currently in clinics awaiting to be transformed into successful high quality innovative medicines.
Located at the Novartis Technical Research and Development site in Fort Worth, Texas this Scientist position within the Analytical Research and Development group is waiting for you to put your own stamp on it.
• Ability to independently execute analytical chemistry development activities for drug substances and drug products including method development, method validation, and technology transfer. This includes hands-on laboratory experiments as well as writing submission-enabling documents.
• Practical expertise in modern analytical chemistry instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, XRPD, rheometry, as well as physico-chemical methods such as Karl Fischer water determination, titrations), complex scientific software, and data integrity standards.
• Excellent knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
• Champion a true culture of empowerment and innovation, diversity and inclusion, trust, high performance and continuous improvement mind-set.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant standards (e.g. HSE and GMP) by proactively identifying potential scientific, technological, and GMP gaps or opportunities, proposing and implementing creative solutions.
• Strong contribution to advance science, technology, and innovation within our analytical research and development department.
Senior Scientist - Laboratory Analytical Expert
What you'll bring to the role:
• BS / MS in analytical chemistry with focus on pharmaceutical small molecule analytics with some experience in industry. Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or equivalent preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in HPLC, GC, LC/MS, or GC/MS; successful performance in laboratory/research roles.
• Understanding of regulatory expectations and excellent scientific knowledge in analytical development.
• Fluent in English (oral and written).
• Ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of
digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to
improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are
brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of
digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re
surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Fort Worth, TX
Research & Development
Global Drug Development
TECHNICAL R & D GDD
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.