HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Coordinator Recovery in Fort Pierce, Florida
Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
_$10,000 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE_ External candidates only. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility Description: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospitaloffering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying aculturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Job Description: The Clinical Nurse Coordinator is a Registered Nurse, and helps to organize patient care functions on a shift to shift basis. Works to enhance patient outcomes through management of HR, staff educations, monitoring of processes for continuous improvement. The CNC is a role model for excellence in quality care, customer satisfaction and quality improvement.
The CNC demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgement and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient. The CNC is also responsible and accountable for the planning, directing and provision of nursing care to patients, in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act, physicians orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or recognized compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and CertificationCustomer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator Recovery
Location: Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Requisition ID: 00102-11878