Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Installer- Junior in Fort Hood, Texas
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 50%
INSTALLER, JUNIOR (PMMC-20-0515-F):
Bowhead seeks Installers to be responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mission command equipment, communications equipment, electronics equipment, or as appropriate to the task.
Essential functions will include:
• Maintain Accountability of Class IX inventories and Installation Kit (IK), work closely with GFE Lead and ensuring accountability of GFE assigned to all Installers.
• Possess capability to distinguish between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
• Perform fielding, installation, operations, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, exercise and test support and maintenance.
• Plans and performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment.
• Provides technical direction and guidance to lower level technicians.
• Must have hands-on or educational experience in one of the following core technical areas: electronics, network support (software or hardware), computers (hardware or hardware), fielding major systems, satellite networks, data encryptions, web-based apps,
encryption devices, COMSEC, Fires, Command Posts, or Platforms.
• May be require for extended TDY CONUS and OCONUS as well as operations in contingency environments 50% to 75% in temporary duty status in support of Mission Command.
• High School Diploma (or GED Equivalent) with one year's experience.
• Requires Active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen, be worldwide deployable, have a valid US Driver's License and be able to obtain a valid passport within 30 days of employment.
• Military experience preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
- UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41