Continental BestDrive Service Technician in Forest Park, Georgia
BestDrive Service Technician
Forest Park, GA
The Service Technician must be able to properly dismount, mount, balance, and repair Commercial Vehicle and Medium Truck tires for the purpose of adding value to customers and providing additional revenue to BestDrive. TIA certification is required. Care of Continental property such as service trucks and service equipment is required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Properly secure vehicle to lift to ensure safe operation
· Dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on vehicle
· Dismount and remount tires onto wheels without damaging any critical parts
· Understand and safely operate a mobile service truck with air compressor and air tools
· Loading and unloading of tires to end user fleets
· Communicate with BestDrive salesmen and end user fleet personnel for completion of desired service tasks
· Complete necessary paperwork legibly
· Assist in warehouse duties
· Work independently
· Ensure you provide world class customer service
· Work safely and report any injury immediately to Management/HR
· Other duties include handling scrap (or take off tires) placing them neatly into the storage area
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma preferred but not required
· Experience working on Commercial Vehicles
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Ability to work on a team and independent
· Valid Driver’s License, CDL License a plus
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.