Kaiser Permanente Supervisor Inpatient Pharmacy in Fontana, California
Provides supervision and technical/clinical direction to pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in an Inpatient Pharmacy setting. Ensures compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations, and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services, and Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies and procedures. Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned area(s).
Assists the Inpatient Pharmacy Director with the development and implementation of pharmacy strategic initiatives and provides technical/clinical direction and supervision to pharmacy staff.
Responsible for assigned pharmacy services/activities including day-to-day operations, drug distribution, drug education, pharmacists clinical activities, performance measurement/improvement, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi disciplinary team development.
Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and standards.
Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Inpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve quality management programs.
Administers organizational and departmental policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
Provides leadership, direction and supervision of pharmacy staff including recommendations regarding hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, discipline, training, performance evaluation/management.
As assigned, accountable for pharmacy quality, service and fiscal outcomes.
Ensures that all staff have adequate and ongoing training to enhance and assure job performance.
Participates in designing, implementing, evaluating/improving systems, methods and processes designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
• Degree in pharmacy.
License, Certification, Registration
• Licensure as a pharmacist in California required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise self-initiative and innovation.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Minimum two (2) years of supervisory or functional direction experience preferred.
• Pharm.D preferred.
• Start and End times Varies.
TITLE: Supervisor Inpatient Pharmacy
LOCATION: Fontana, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.