Amazon Web Services Reverse Logistics Operations Process Engineer in Florence, Kentucky
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains.
The AWS Reverse Logistics Operations team offers worldwide data centers a centralized means to sort, function test, in-warranty return, and disposition server and networking components that break or are no longer needed in the fleet. The team is seeking a detail-oriented, analytical, and self-driven Process Engineer to support its global reverse logistics operations by developing, implementing, and continuously improving these processes as the scope of the chain expands. This role is responsible for driving a culture of safety, security, quality, and performance by delivering standardized and documented processes that meet safety and security requirements to in-path personnel while capturing the data points needed to effectively drive the business.
We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Key responsibilities include:
· Deep diving and coordinating with Safety, Security, Technical, Software, Analytical, Commercial, and Operational teams to identify and develop raw requirements into an operational workflow
· Documenting operational procedures and administering training events to end-users
· Working with Analytical teams to predict and validate improvements
· Administering launch notifications and change notifications to stakeholders
· Performing observational and data-based audits to validate procedural accuracy, to monitor procedural parity between sites, and to identify opportunities for improvement
· Driving continuous improvement initiatives
· Supporting software developments by conducting user-acceptance testing
This role might be a good fit for you if you:
· Enjoy owning projects from ideation to implementation
· Are passionate about delivering operational efficiency and standardization for the end-user
· Ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds
· Frequent walking in the building and surrounding area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 8 – 10 hours a day
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 1+ years of work experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, or reverse logistics operation environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or related, or 4+ additional years of related experience in lieu of a degree
· 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
· Proven track record for prioritizing and driving continuous improvement in ambiguous, fast paced environments
· Experience combining data, observations, and stakeholder feedback to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions
· Experience leading improvement with Lean processing, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience using warehouse management and inventory control systems
· Experience troubleshooting computer, server, and networking gear (ITAD, IT, Repair Operations, Function Testing, etc.)