Bosch Controller – Columns in Florence, Kentucky
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 402,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). The company generated sales of $88.2 billion in 2017. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
As part of the Mobilitity Solutions division, the Florence KY plant is one of the world's leading automotive steering supplier locations. Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC is growing in the market and continues to innovate and develop new products to meet customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Establishes, or recommends to management, economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the Columns at LSUSF
Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs
Responsible for preparing reports which summarize and forecast Columns business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
Directs preparation of the Columns Business Plan/budgets. Responsible for review of budget proposals and business plans, and driving the organization to affordable cost structure and improved cost efficiencies
Responsible for presenting budget/business plan to Business Field Management for approval
Work with Business Field Controlling to facilitate understanding of Columns business unit financial performance in LSUSF
Analyze business unit financial performance on a monthly basis; reviewing with operating management, and recommending improvement actions.
Drive profitability improvement initiative for Columns Business Field
Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
Support continuous improvement efforts through analysis of cost savings initiatives
Develop further cost understanding in Columns Operations and Support Departments
- Position does not supervise other positions, but requires interaction and some direction of personnel in Accounting function
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance or Accounting and 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience and familiarity with SAP system strongly desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume, as well as apply financial concepts of IRR and NPV. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to create a vision to support achievement of the business unit’s mission. This would include understanding of strengths and weaknesses of the business unit along with its challenges, defining the priorities and strategy to fulfill specific objectives of the mission, and motivating/supporting/developing/ leading their team to execute the proper plans to fulfill the mission.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Individual must have ability to make independent decisions that may be of a complex nature.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and affiliated software packages. Individual must possess the capability to function within SAP on a daily basis.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Individual must possess the interpersonal skills communicate with coworkers.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The ability to work in an office environment, which could include sitting or standing for the majority of the day. Responsibilities include the need to lift, carry, push, and pull material on an infrequent basis. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.