Mitie Soft Services Site Manager in Farnborough, United Kingdom
• To ensure that contracts are run safely and efficiently to the required standard. To liaise with clients and monitor site operations
• Regular communication with clients or their representatives. Opportunity for clients to "air their views" on MITIE's service.
• Branch Manager and Store Management receives reports showing non-conformances and remedial action taken.
• Continuation of Service Levels and all helpdesk calls closed
• Work additional to specification is agreed with client, documented, actioned and costs recovered.
• Clients complaints and concerns are investigated and rectified swiftly. Action is recorded
• Create a positive safety culture on sites
• Hazards and risks are assessed prior to work commencing.
• Contracts are managed in line with specification
• A wider range of MITIE services are provided to clients
• Ensure subcontractors provide a quality service
• Stores are managed in line with the specification, contract and budget
• Be compliant with policy and safe working environment for all MITIE Staff
• Ensure adequate materials and equipment on sites
• Reduce the risk of accidents involving plant, equipment & PPE
• Accurate wage details are received by administrative staff fortnightly
• Progress against target is monitored each four-weekly period
• Where appropriate ensure all company vehicles are clean and well maintained
• In conjunction with the Regional Ops Manager, increase profitability and revenue of contract
• Ensure appropriate numbers and calibre of staff available to enable service delivery
• Ensure team members are competent and able to cover a range of site activities
• Ensure training is planned to meet the requirements of operational staff
• Create a culture of high standards of conduct and performance
• Work carried out matches the specification and customer requirements.
• Ensure quality company image is portrayed by site based staff
• Staff support each other and the company
• High standards of conduct and performance are maintained
• Documents that affect the quality of work are controlled and filed for easy reference
• Potential problems on sites are minimised, progress is monitored, financial forecast is reviewed
• Staff have all the necessary information to perform their duties well
• Work is completed within deadlines
• Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible
• Strong customer/client focused attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Customer relationship and dispute management skills
• Good verbal, IT and written communication skills
• IT literate
• Approachable for team members and client
• People Management, development and leadership skills
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Manage operations – maintain quality of services to customer
• Visit clients at least once per period/per month to discuss services provision. Get customers to give written comment on standards. Carry out Q Audits on all sites each month an submit on time
• Carry out cleaning and safety inspections on site, at intervals stated in the Cleaning Quality Plan and in the RAG Audit Book. Deal with non-conformities as a matter of urgency. Document and put into action rectification plan and monitor
• Respond to all helpdesk tasks within agreed KPI’s
• Identify and agree "one-offs" and additional requirements with clients/ customer. Complete a once-off sales order.
• Deal with customer complaints or concerns within 24 hours
• Observe all client and company statutory fire and safety regulations and promote good safety habits. Follow the advice in the MITIE Cleaning Health & Safety Booklet
• Condcut risk assessments in line with policy, completing and ensuring correct storage of relevant paperwork
• Ensure the Contract Cleaning Specification is adhered too
• Inform the client of other MITIE Group Disciplines
• Liaise with subcontractors
• Ensure the KIP is achieved
• Ensure familiarity with the QHSE policy and duties as an individual and manager as part of that policy
Manage finance – Control resources to achieve quality of service whilst keeping within the budget
• Check and request materials and equipment within budget through the Branch Office, monthly/four weekly
• Ensure that plant, equipment and PPE is checked and replaced or repaired as necessary. Record on the "Health & Safety Audit and equipment record card.
• Complete time sheets and calculate wages. Ensure wage budgets are not exceeded.
• Agree op centre target with line manager.
• Where applicable, visually check that company vehicles are being used and maintained in the correct and proper manner
• Continually look for opportunities to introduce add on services, e.g. consumables, window cleaning, etc
Manage People – recruit, lead and develop the team
• Recruit staff using company procedures. Maintain staff numbers at the agreed level
• Induct new and transferred staff in line with company policies and procedures
• Regularly review the training and development needs of individuals. Carry out appraisals where appropriate
• Provide on-site training and support for staff.
• Prepare work schedules and periodic plans
• Ensure MITIE staff adhere to all site rules and maintain a smart appearance including the wearing of uniforms
• Address and carry out required processes in relation to sickness absence, disciplinaries and grievacnes as required
Ensure team members undertake relevant training for their roles
Site communication book
A/L records through workplace +
• Attend monthly branch meetings to review the performance on contracts
• Carry out regular Team Briefings with own staff
• Manage own time effectively. Weekend working required
• Co-operate with requests from clients and managers and respond to requests for assistance when necessary
• Attend appropriate training and development sessions aimed at continusous professional development
• Embracing new ways of working, including new technologies to enable more efficient working