Microsoft Corporation Business Analytics Specialist in Fargo, North Dakota
• Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
• Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
• If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience and Success Org, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
• Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
• Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
• Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for a dynamic, and experienced Business Analytics Specialist who can comprehend complex business context and build full-fledged insights solutions, developed on the right analytical methodologies. These include but may not limited to descriptive & exploratory data analysis, predictive modeling and what-if scenario modeling by integrating, synthesizing, merging, mashing and transforming data and rendering insights through rich visualizations. This role will require deep business understanding, and hands-on expertise on analytical frameworks and aspects of data engineering required to create non-obvious insights for the business. Where required, he or she will have to collaborate with data management and BI teams to drive necessary data integration activities. A tremendous opportunity to make a difference across the organization and for our customers
• Support business strategy by providing valuable business insights in the areas of workforce management, capacity planning, workforce productivity and resource management
• Support Resource management and Business operations through ad hoc analysis and rich standard insights assets to identify hot pockets in the business and determine underlying causes.
• Develop and maintain high quality reports and insights to support MORs, MBRs and other Rhythm of business events.
• Drive end to end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem definition, hypotheses formulation, designing and delivering the solution
• Partner with sister teams (BI & Taxonomy) to enable data availability, data quality and integrity, and Taxonomy alignment
• Engage with Operations functions leads to determine decision support insights required to enable key workforce planning capabilities or enhance feature sets in current tools
• Drive consistency, adoption & integration of quality standards. Ensure compliance with the data security and privacy policies.
5+ years work experience in Business Analytics or related field working on largescale complex programs focused on Data & Analytics.
Strong skills and experience in Excel (Power Pivots, Macros, Modeling), SQL, Power BI/ Power Apps, data visualization tools, MS BI Stack (SSIS, SQL Data tools, Connectors, etc.)
Sound understanding of data warehouse fundamentals & platforms. Experience with SQL Server, Analysis Services Tabular models, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Bricks.
Deep technical skills and know-how related to data wrangling, data analysis & data engineering
Strong experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders across organization and geographies, enabling data-driven decisions
Experience partnering with teams that manage complex data engineering ecosystem
Demonstrated ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences, and contribute modeling expertise as a team player
Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
Demonstrated ability to work independently, and within a team environment with strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail is absolutely required
Proven ability to work with different cultures and stakeholders across geographies
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience
Familiarity with R, Python, SAS, AzureML, etc. will be a plus
Fundamental understanding of Statistics - Basic probability distributions, estimation techniques, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.