Prestige Healthcare Facility Support Advocate in Fairlawn, Ohio
Has your job been impacted due to Covid-19 (also known as Coronavirus)? Arbors at Fairlawn has created a way to hold you over in these critical times while you are providing customer service for our senior residents in our skilled nursing facilities.
Temporary staff necessary due to the COVID-19 emergency are intended to supplement various areas of the facility performing assigned tasks that can be performed by non-licensed staff that will support the permanent staff and the teams in our skilled nursing facilities. Shifts available; day shift, afternoon/evening shift and night shift. The initial term of the position is not to exceed 90 days in length.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. 18 years or older
- No license required
No specialized work experience necessary, will train. Applicable experience could be; teachers, waitress, waiter, host, hostess, receptionist, secretary, concierge, greeter, front desk, cook, delivery, clerk, customer-service, sales associate, retail, sanitation, housekeeping, guest services, utility, maintenance, custodian, janitor, cafeteria worker, warehouse, automotive, factory, healthcare, medical professional, nursing home, college student, bus drivers, beautician, barber, volunteers. Essential Functions:
Assist with various technological applications including but not limited to Video Conferencing, email, and tablet usage including facility communications as assigned
- Provide assistance with facility security procedures
- Assist with unique education processes if assigned
- Provide limited emotional support in non-licensed capacity
- Assist in minor maintenance tasks
- Makes unoccupied residents’ beds
- Labels resident clothing and belongings.
- Distributes personal and facility laundry.
- Bus dishes in the dining room.
- Transports/escorts residents to areas within the facility, e.g. dining areas, activities, resident care conferences, etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
NOTE: The facility support advocate may not provide or assist with resident care. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members.
- Ability to learn infection control techniques.
- Ability to be patient and polite.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to use technology and secure communication systems