Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer - Heavy Civil - Northern California District in Fairfield, California
Requisition ID: 112681
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project, managing a team of field and cost engineers. Do you have strong interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
Kiewit’s Northern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in various types of work in the heavy civil, power, transportation, and water resource markets. Although most of our work is regionally based in Northern California, we also pursue various projects across the west coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry rather than design.
Although this opportunity is with Kiewit’s Northern California District, we do work across the United States and require our employees to be open to relocation.
• Perform scheduling of the project
• Revenue, cost, and cash flow management
• Temp engineering
• Permanent design management and quality control
• Project closeout
• Client relations
• Assist in Operations planning
• Administer contracts and subcontracts
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years’ work experience in construction or engineering
• Experience managing engineers
• Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.