Inova Health Systems HEALTH EDUCATOR 3 in FAIRFAX, Virginia
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded ‘A’ grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
This is a PRN role! Times and days will vary! The minimum requirement is at least 25 hours a quarter. Instructors will most likely have the ability to work anywhere from 1-3 days a week.
- Provides the highest quality learning environment and education for care management, community and workplace health education classes and programs.
- Maintains professional status to ensure the highest quality educational programs.
- Performs necessary administrative functions in accordance with educational program policies.
- 0-3 years' experience or a combination of experience with appropriate certification; Preferred: 5 or more years in pertinent field
- Experience teaching in a language other than English
Experience teaching complex commnunity and/or workplace health education programs; or providing care management Certification Required:
American Heart Association BLS Instructor Certification is required (BLS) Education Required:
High School Diploma with health/medical background to meet the topic requirement
- Or Associate or diploma degree in field
Preferred: Bachelor degree in related field (healthcare, education, etc.) Training Required:
Satisfactory completion of initial and annual employer provided training.
- Must be monitored teaching a class prior to being offered a role with Inova Well. Preferred: Certification for more than one year. Multiple certifications in pertinent field
Special Skills Required:
- Demonstrate ability to use principles or learning and education
- Demonstrate instructional and communication skills
- Knowledge base or clinical experience in a field of expertise, as required for class
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Adhere to quality, compliance, and infection control standards
- Ability to use email, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and other pertinent electronic communications. Preferred: Strong knowledge in clinical field
Our commitment to keeping patients safe means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Work Site Location: INOVA SPORT MED PTC HITT FLIK
Work Site Address: 8100 INNOVATION PARK DRIVE
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA