Inova Health Systems FINANCIAL SPECIALIST 2 in FAIRFAX, Virginia
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded ‘A’ grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
- Verifies and enters insurance information and authorization/referral requirements.
- Counsels patients on financial liability using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services
- Provides excellent service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations
- Completes work assignments within establish quality standards
- Applies knowledge of organizational revenue cycle to achieve key performance indicators
- Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals
- Identifies, analyzes, and effectively solves problems
- Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation
- Manages completion of work assignments based on priority and due dates
- Contributes to a safe patient care environment
- Obtains authorizations on urgent admission of patients who have been admitted to the hospital.
- Responsible for the revenue integrity of the account is accurate.
- Collects any patient liability, or assists with setting up financial arrangements.
- 3 years of patient access experience.
Experience delivering exceptional patient experience by working with patient and insurance providers to ensure the financial security of accounts within their facility/department. Education:
GED or High School diploma
Our commitment to keeping patients safe means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Work Site Location: INOVA CTR PER HLTH AND OTHER
Work Site Address: 8095 INNOVATION PARK DRIVE
Schedule: Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA