Inova Health Systems CYTOLOGIST in FAIRFAX, Virginia
Inova Laboratories is the only locally based, full service laboratory in Northern Virginia, offering hospital quality and same-day results for many tests. Our connectivity supports the continuum of care for patients in all care settings. Using state of the art automation and equipment, Inova Laboratories seeks every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve – every time, every touch.
Our Inova Fairfax location is seeking a Full-Time, Cytologist, Day Shift, Monday-Friday. #-LI-RH2 IND6 Some of the duties include:
- Performs proper specimen collection or blood products, by confirming patient/donor
- Performs diagnostic microscopic cytology procedures on gynecological and non-gynecological specimens.
- Performs specimen preparation to ensure quality test results and accurate diagnosis by pathologist.
- Performs specimen staining to ensure quality test results and accurate diagnosis by pathologist.
- Ensures quality control of all cytology specimens and procedures within the department.
- Maintains the overall efficient operation of the department, adhering to technical and scientific standards.
- Communicates to maintain team knowledge of regulatory standards in order to satisfy compliance requirements, and participates in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team and department development. Additional Information: Screen GYN slides. Review CAP standards and compliance. Work with Program Specialist to insure quality and TAT is being met.
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- _Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE _
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- 3-5 years’ experience in gyn and non-gyn cytology
- Experience in reading/reviewing/writing policies and procedures
- Experience in training others Preferred: Experience in FNA procedures. Experience in using Pathology Information Systems
Education: Required: Two years of college with at least 12 semester hours in science, 8 of which are biology. Preferred: BS Degree in science related field from an accredited university.
Training: Cytology training that meets CLIA requirements. Required: Post-graduate training under the direction and supervision of a Board Certified Pathologist. Preferred: One year of cytology training provided by a CAHEA accredited school.
Certification: Required: Cytotechnologist registry with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Ability to work independently with sufficient knowledge of all aspects of the cytology department.
- Must have strong mental and visual concentration.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Work Site Location: INOVA CENTRAL LAB
Work Site Address: 2832 JUNIPER STREET
Work Site City/State: FAIRFAX, VA