Aveanna Bus Driver - Pediatric Day Healthcare Center in Erie, Pennsylvania
Bus Driver - Pediatric Day Healthcare Center
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Erie, PA 16505
The Bus Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of children to and from the Pediatric Day Health Centers (PDHC) and on field trips, clean up and maintenance of vehicle and safety requirements.
Essential Job Functions
• Safe and timely pick up and drop off of children at their home or designated place, including field trips.
• Maintains good relations/communication with the families and the nurse/caregiver assigned to the vehicle.
• Maintains mileage/vehicle check log.
• Schedules routine vehicle maintenance
• Maintains/cleans interior of vehicle and child safety seats
• Maintains/cleans exterior of vehicle
• Keeps vehicle fueled and operational on a daily basis
• Maintains all legal papers, licenses, inspections, etc.
• Assist staff in the loading and unloading of the children and equipment
• Follows safety procedures at all times while driving
• Maintains regular attendance
• Attends 80% of staff meetings
• Runs errands as needed
• Works as a team player and follows appropriate chain of command
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• High School graduate or equivalent
• 21 years old or older
• Satisfactory motor vehicle record with at least 3 years safe driving experience.
• Current CPR certification
• Current first aid training
• Valid Driver's License and Acceptable MVR
Additional state specific requirements:
• Class D License - Louisiana
• Experience with or desire to work with “special needs” children
• Professional Driving Experience
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to comfortably work in homes of families with limited resources
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Strong commitment to excellence
• Good communication skills, bother verbal and written
• Ability to work as a team player
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Frequent walking, climbing stairs.
• Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Occasional rapid movement and physical agility in response to the spontaneity of children and those patients with neurological impairment.
• Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
• Transferring, or repositioning patients, alone or with assistance, for rendering treatment.
• Must be able to see and hear to monitor lights, sounds and alarms on equipment.
• Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
• Must be able to discern changes in temperature or texture by touch.
• May be required to provide care while riding/driving in a vehicle.
• Must be able to respond to emergency situations in the home or during transport. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period.
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to communicable disease, latex, or other sources of allergic response and that cannot always be controlled by the employer.
• Must be able to wear a TB respirator and other personal protective equipment as needed.
• Must not be subject to conditions or unanticipated episodic attacks which render him/her unable to respond to patient needs or to make appropriate and timely medical judgments while solely responsible for medically fragile children.
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.