NBC Universal Director, CNBC in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 58853BR
Job Title Director, CNBC
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Technical Operations
Posting Category Studio Technical Operations
About Us CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a Show Director in a live television production environment
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
• Experience in directing in a team environment and managing tight deadlines.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of studio operations. Graphics creation and Chyron Prime is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Digital platforms, Social platforms a plus.
• Proven ability to execute in a live and very fast paced control room environment.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Familiarity with CNBC's content, brand a plus
• Comfortable and confident employing heavy influencing skills across teams/departments in order to foster compromise solutions.
• Capable of handling projects with minimal oversight and detail oriented.
• Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of automation platforms preferred.
• Be able to make priority decisions under extreme deadlines.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.