BioReference Laboratories Medical Lab Technologist (Floating Shift, 1-3 days/wk) in ELMWOOD PARK, New Jersey
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We are looking for a Medical Technologist (40 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park, NJ location.
The Medical Technologist performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established company and departmental policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Maintain standards in routine & STAT testing.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Write legibly when documenting QC, problems or information.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Review communication logs.
- Prepare for shift by gathering needed supplies, i.e. reagents plates.
- Perform and document required maintenance on equipment.
- Review calibration & QC prior to testing/resulting.
- Perform calibrations and quality control as needed.
- Review results before releasing.
- Review pendings at the end of shift.
- Follow repeat protocol.
- Review Check Sheets.
- Perform duties in independent manner with no direct supervision required.
- Inform supervisor of supply inventory.
- Understand all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Date and initial reagents that are put "in use".
- Can identify at least one location of a fire extinguisher.
- Can read and interpret a curve.
- Can read and understand a Levy-Jennings Chart.
Minimum Qualifications (required vs. preferred):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related life Science.
- State Licensure (if applicable)
- Mathematical, Computer, Reasoning, and Language Skills at the College Level (2 years).
- 2 or more years of experience.
- ASCP or other national certification
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req Number: BRL-20-8543
Location: ELMWOOD PARK , NJ 07407