KREISLER INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION Junior Production Planner in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Junior Production Planner
About Us: Kreisler manufactures performance-critical tubes, ducts and sheet metal fabrications for the commercial and military aerospace markets.
Job Title: Junior Production Planner
-Understanding of systems in place to manage schedules and inventory (BOM, job plans, WIP, syst 2001, SCM, etc)
- Understanding of schedules: MPS, MRP
- Generate all production schedules for manufactured components
-Design MPS for manufactured components as required
-Responsible to have job plans printed on time
- Responsible to schedule raw material from suppliers to support schedules
- Monitor suppliers performance
- Expedite materials with suppliers, Materials Planning, Purchasing, and Inspection as required
- Elevate materials issues throughout organization
- Responsible to release work to the stock room (assemblies and manufactured components) to achieve buffer on supermarket shelf and to achieve On Time Start Metric
- Lead MPS adjustments when it can't be supported by the materials schedules
- Work with Cell Leaders and Floor Planners to expedite materials needed from the floor
- Monitor performance of the manufacturing floor through dashboards, and reports
- Work closely with Floor Planners and cell leaders to provide accurate delivery dates and latest information on work orders to the rest of the Planning organization
- Work with Floor Planners on accuracy of lots, details and bent tubes in WIP
Flag lack of PO coverage with Purchasing
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Expediting and/or organizational skills in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written
- Ability to read and comprehend simple technical instructions
-Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Critical Thinking Skills - an ability to identify a problem, develop a solution and implement the solution
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- To keep our employees safe, we do temperature checks for all who enter the facility, provide masks and gloves, sanitizer, and have plexi-glass in areas where social distancing is not possible.
*Due to the requirements of the government contracts that we have in place, all applicants must be US Citizens.
Kreisler Industrial is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.