Northern Light Health Patient Access Rep I in Ellsworth, Maine
Northern Light Health
Department: Patient Access Management
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Hours per week : 40
Work Schedule: Varied from 6:30am to 7:00pm, Weekends/Holidays. 8 hour shifts.
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Registration Representative is responsible for timely and accurate Outpatient Preregistration and Registration functions. Works closely with other departments to ensure a proper and patient friendly experience.
• Obtains and verifies demographic, financial, and patient identification from patient or guarantor using E-Plus/PayNav as well as obtaining a consent to treatment and informing patient/guarantor of our inclusion in HealthInfoNet.
• Accurately enters registrations for Ancillary Departments with the use of AOM orders and outside requisitions for all Outpatient Services.
• Is responsible for Preregistration of Medical Imaging Services and Surgical Services to ensure accuracy and point of service care, while collecting pre-service monies.
• Collects and collaborates with the ED Greeter to ensure accurate Emergency Department registrations.
• Gathers NPI information for non-staff providers and emails information to be added to UPIN dictionary or actually verifies status of provider and adds to the UPIN dictionary.
• Assists and provides coverage for Admissions, ED Greeter and Switchboard duties as needed.
• Assists Ancillary departments with questions and other front-line staff with registration questions/concerns.
• Performs any/all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Competencies and skills:
Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
Position Patient Access Rep I
Req ID 2419