Latitude, Inc. Electrical/Electronics Engineer in Ellicot City, Maryland
Seeking a Junior to mid-level Electrical/Electronics Engineer (EE) to work with our Applied Physics Division (APD) on new product development efforts. Under management supervision, provide electronics engineering design support to the Applied Physics Division in office and laboratory environments with a variety of moderate to complex tasks and functional activity.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Prepare concepts for Free Space Optical (FSO) electronic system design.
· Prepare circuit and circuit card layout and design.
· Specify micro-processor and/or Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) components as required for FSO operations.
· Develop embedded coding for FPGA and micro-processor functions.
· Digital and analog circuit design capabilities including power and control circuitry for electro-optic systems.
· Specify all electronic components for designed circuits.
· Test and validate circuits for functionality and performance.
· Cooperate with the team in the development of the FSO technology.
· Assist in writing reports, plans, proposals, operational documentation, and other documents as required.
· Works well in a team environment.
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable.
Military Facility Access: Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass.
Clearance: A security clearance is not required for this position at this time. US Citizenship is required.
Education and Experience: This position requires: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Electronics/Electrical Engineering and four years of relevant experience as an Electronics Design Engineer. Research and Development experience is a plus.Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Solidworks electronics module or PADS design software.
CompetenciesElectronics Design - Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Ability to independently design and test electronic circuits to achieve operational functionality of the products under development.