HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor Respiratory Therapy in El Paso, Texas
* *About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. * * Benefits We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. **
POSITION SUMMARY: * Therapist must exhibit appropriate knowledge and skills needed for the administration of general respiratory pharmacology and therapeutics, to include: patient education, patient assessment, patient responses, accurate dosing and side effects in all appropriate age groups. Therapist must also demonstrate the skills and ability to make appropriate therapeutic changes (recommendations) in patient care to reflect medications, therapeutic modality, and equipment use. * Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to facility infection control standards and identify and report potential or violations of the documented standards. * Therapist must demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment, including proper cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization of reusable patient and non-patient equipment. * Therapist must demonstrate the ability to professionally and effectively communicate with all internal and external customers. * Therapist must demonstrate the knowledge and ability to provide resourceful clinical information and education to internal and external customers. * Therapist must demonstrate the skills needed to recognize and report suspected abuse and neglect in all patient age groups, as outlined by state and federal law. * Therapist must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to assess and document pain in the patient, as outlined in the facility pain management program. * Therapist must demonstrate knowledge, skills and ability to recognize and report any safety issues observed in the patient and non-patient areas of the facility. * Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to facility Patient rights (including privacy) standards and identify and report and potential or violations of the documented standards, state, or federal laws. * Therapist must demonstrate knowledge and ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics as established by the AARC. * * *POPULATION SERVED: *Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pulmonary conditions including but not limited to: COPD, CHF, PE, asthma, and all other constrictive and restrictive pulmonary disorders.
* Uses knowledge and skills of respiratory care standards and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient care.
* Maintains strict infection control techniques, while meeting facility standards at all times.
* Provides education and education materials (where necessary) to patients and their family members regarding cool mist tent therapy, apnea monitors, Pneumogram studies, oximeter monitors, CPT therapy, nebulizer treatments, oxygen therapy with cannulas, simple masks, venti-masks, non-rebreather masks, cool mist therapy, high flow therapy, Vapo-therm therapy, bubble CPAP, CPAP therapy, ventilator therapy, arterial blood gas analysis and sampling.
* Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships (AIDET) with internal and external customers. * Participate in Quality Improvement activities of the department and /or facility routinely. * Other duties as assigned. Will be able to perform EKG, Holter monitor studies. * ICU therapist must be proficient in Adult ventilator management to include all modes of ventilation, transport ventilators, BiPaP management, high-flow oxygen systems, Vapo-therm systems, Aero-Nebulization systems, oximeter monitors, arterial punctures, CBG sampling and arterial line sampling. Be able to analyze blood gases and interpret blood gas results. * PICU therapist must be proficient in Pediatric ventilator management to include all modes of ventilation, transport ventilators, BiPaP management, high-flow oxygen systems, Vapo-therm systems, Aero-nebulization systems, oximeter monitors, arterial punctures, CBG sampling and arterial line sampling. Must be able to analyze blood gases and interpret blood gas results. Able to set up Helium/oxygen mixtures, Pneumogram studies with and without pH and nasal washing * NICU therapist must be proficient in Neonatal pressure and volume ventilator management to include all modes, transport ventilators, bubble CPAP, High-flow oxygen systems, Vapo-therm systems, aero-nebulization, oximeter monitors, arterial punctures, CBG sampling and UAC line sampling. Must be able to analyze blood gases and interpret blood gas results. High frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOC), Ino-vent (nitric oxide), Pneumograms, nasal wash samples.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS * Current/Active (in good standing) Texas Department of Health – Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure * BLS provider (American Heart Association standards)./(must be obtained from a live class)/ * Current S.T.A.B.L.E. certification required within 1 year of hire./(if working in the NICU)/ //REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE* * Certificate of Completion or Education Degree (Associates or Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care) from an accredited college or university./(must provide copy of Diploma or proof of graduation)/* * Credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) – Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)/( must provide proof of CRT credential from NBRC)/ * Clinical experience in an acute care or rehabilitation setting. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES Current ACLS PALS and NRP provider preferred. * 1-year experience in critical care, including but not limited to ER, ICU/CCU, PICU, and/or NICU. * Knowledge and skilled in the use of personal computers and/or healthcare information technology. * Knowledge of JCAHO and CAP/CLIA standards
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor Respiratory Therapy
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-22163