Cimarron Community Associate in El Paso, Texas
Assist in general operations responsibilities around the communities. This includes, housekeeping duties, assistance in maintenance, activities assistance, dining responsibilities, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Assist in participating in individual and small group activities for the interested residents.
- Act as a companion with residents as assigned.
- Assist in cleaning all public areas, common areas and work areas, as directed.
- Assist in discarding waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Assist in completing community and resident laundry and ironing, as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner and keep work/assignment area free of hazardous objects
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Report missing or inappropriately labeled containers of hazardous chemicals to the Housekeeping Supervisor or Maintenance Director.
- Ensure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures and follow established policies governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious wastes.
- Assist in serving and/or delivering meals to residents in a professional, dignified, efficient and courteous manner.
- Assist in preparing beverages, including water, coffee, soda, wine, beer, and cocktails in appropriate glasses.
- Assist in in accurately and professionally take residents and food and beverage orders and enter them into the POS (point of sale computer).
- Assist in delivering meals to resident suits as required.
- Assist in washing dishes, pots, pans, and areas in the kitchen when needed.
- Assist in busing tables and return all dishes to the kitchen. Clean tables and chairs after meals and sweep, vacuum and pick up floor areas, as needed. Flip tables by replacing linens, as needed.
- Assist in ensuring the beverage station is clean and organized.
- Assist in answering telephones, record and channel information, direct calls to appropriate individual or department, relay messages in a timely, clear, polite concise and professional manner.
Assist in other administrative duties or other projects as assigned SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
Must be eighteen (18) years of age
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer 6 months of related job duties.
- Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns.
- Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
- Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid certification
- Able to obtain and maintain valid Food Handler’s certification, as needed
- Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment