Global Resource Solutions Information System Security Officer in Eglin AFB, Florida
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of Information Systems Security Officer.
Summary: The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for administering, assuring and maintaining a unique communication system network and maintaining the appropriate operational security posture in support of the ISSM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Developing and updating the system security system control traceability matrix (SCTM), the system security plan (SSP), managing and controlling changes to the system, assessment and authorization (A&A) package and assessing the security impact of those changes.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package
• Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS
• Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
• Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change
• Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
• Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
• Ensure audit records are collected and reviewed
• Identify the information systems that will process classified information; the volume, relative sensitivity, and perishability of the information (TEMPEST)
• Establish and manage media creation, destruction and tracking program
• Responsible for classified assets; may be required to maintain a media inventory and ensure accountability for all classified material
• Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification or better (i.e. Security+ or better)
• 3-6 years relevant/direct experience with information system security/information assurance/cybersecurity processes
• Must have a strong DoD/USAF information security policy background
• Must have a strong understanding of AF systems and PC requirements (i.e., a working knowledge of the directives and governing policies governing information systems)
• Clear understanding of audits as they pertain to government information systems security
• Familiarity with data leakage protection technologies.
• Understanding of COMSEC regulations and best practices
• Must have Secret within 5.5 years at the time of application
• Typically has an Associate degree and 3-6 years relevant work experience.
• Specific/direct experience implementing JSIG and RMF policies/practices is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning software (ACAS, SCAP, etc.)
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
An exciting and rewarding career awaits you with Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS). GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. GRS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.