Walnut Creek Nursing Centers Account MDS Coordinator in Eaton, Ohio
- MDS Coordinator/Unit Manager
- Full- Time Management Position
- On-Call Rotation
- Sign-On Bonus ($1,000-LPN, $1,500-RN)
- MDS Experience required
Supervises, manages and evaluates the activities and performance of the MDS Nurse(s). Responsible for the coordination of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process to ensure accurate and timely completion of resident assessments in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid, OBRA and other payor program requirements. Ensures assessments accurately reflect the physical, mental and psychosocial status of each resident; ensures accuracy of RAI to reflect optimal reimbursement for services provided; ensures appropriate documentation to report and support services provided and assessment accuracy. Communicates effectively with other members of the interdisciplinary team by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works in collaboration with the Facility Rehab Manager to ensure the most appropriate assessment reference date (ARD) is utilized for Medicare assessments through the use of the PPS pathway.
- Initiates, directs and maintains the Medicare PPS/OBRA Assessment schedule to ensure timely completion of all assessments. Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team to set appropriate ARD for all assessments.
- Ensures all new admissions have an MDS completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures each Quarterly MDS is accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensures each Annual MDS assessments are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify Significant Change in Status MDS.
- In services and trains current and new staff in clinical reimbursement systems and issues, as identified.
- Maintains a current knowledge base regarding State and Federal Regulations, PPS and the RAI Process.
- Coordinates, oversees and ensures the timely completion of the RAI process (MDS, CAAs Care Plan).
- Leads and directs the Interdisciplinary Team in the Care Plan Process.
- Manages communication with Managed Care and other payer sources.
- Performs ongoing evaluation from pre admission through discharge to ensure an appropriate reimbursement level for each resident. Evaluates care to ensure that services and products provided match benefits available.
- Reviews medical records, care plans, charting to ensure documentation supports care provided and reimbursement level. Monitors facility practice to ensure compliance with guidelines for participation in Medicare, Medicaid, and other benefit programs. Initiates action needed to ensure compliance.
- Reviews State MDS validation reports to identify issues and/or processes to ensure accuracy of submitted MDSs.
- Attends and participates in inservice training, Performance Improvement committees and meetings as scheduled and directed. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possesses a current license to practice in the State as an LPN/RN.