Community Bank Systems Inc. Information Technology Support Specialist - Pioneer Park (East Syracuse) in East Syracuse, New York
Information Technology Support Specialist - Pioneer Park (East Syracuse) (Job ID: 2931)
Technology Support Specialist
Work Happy is in line with our Bank Happyphilosophy. At CBSI, we arecommitted to providing the highest level of employee support, whether throughour ,our professional development or our challenging but rewarding professionalexperiences. We are dedicated to helping you succeed. We believe engagingand empowering our employees is key to our success and our Work Happy mission.
Community BankSystem, Inc. is looking for a Technology Support Specialist located in East Syracuse, NY. A Technology Support Specialist isresponsible for providing all essential backup and support to the PC/technologybased banking functions, technical support for various software systems. Thisposition assists with the LAN at administrative center and branches, andindividual PC's and maintains a record of inventory. This exciting opportunity offers career growth within a full servicefinancial institution that has been in business for over 150 years and is oneof Forbes Top 12 twelve years running!
In addition to ourWork Happy Mission, as a dedicated Technology Support Specialist You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and including: 10 paid holidays, paid vacation, Medical, Vision& Dental insurance, 401K with generous match, Pension, TuitionReimbursement, Banking discounts and the list goes on!
Technology Support Specialist Job Overview:
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.
- Provides general PC/Network and printer support to all branches and backoffice areas. Answers question and solves problems on hardware, software and communications. Provide phone and remote support to all branches and backoffice areas. Documents the requests and the work performed in the Help Desk system.
- Supports networks (LANs/WANs) at administrative and operations center and branches by monitoring system for user activities, performance and stability. Maintains accurate network documentation such as maps, user lists security logs and server back up.
- Provides technical support of numerous software systems, including MicroSoft, Jack Henry, Adobe, and other various financial and enterprise office environment applications.
- Supports new installations and upgrades.
- Supports PC/technology based banking opportunities.
- Assists with LAN trouble shooting such as cabling problems and software performance problems.
- Assists with the set-up and configuration of new hardware to the specification needed for various departments and branches.
- Responsible for closing user request in a timely manner.
- If unable to close requests, escalates problems to next level when necessary.
- All tasks assigned by the Technology Support Manager.
- An Associates Degree in MIS or business field with computer related courses or equivalent.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must have working knowledge of hardware and software to facilitate technical problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and remain on task.
- MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience normally required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous network and help desk experiences.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: East Syracuse, NY
Compensation: Level to be determined by experience. This position also provides potentialfor additional compensation, including an annual performance based meritincrease and bonus, along with the generous benefits package mentioned above.
To apply to thisposition or to see a full listing of current openings please go to:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Community Bank System, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer who fully embraces diversity - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.