Caterpillar, Inc. Machinist in East Peoria, Illinois
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
As a CNC Machinist at Caterpillar, you can expect to set up, operate and adjust various CNC machines. Exact machines will be dependent on the location and department you are hired to. Machines may include:
· Single Spindle Automatic Screw
· Multi-Spindle Automatic Cutoff
· Gear Grinding
· Mill, Drill, and Bore
Based on your previous experience and machining knowledge, Caterpillar will determine which machines will best suit you. Please be sure to include all of your previous CNC machine experience on your resume and application to help make this determination.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Set up, operate and adjust various machines to produce parts that meet blueprint specifications in a production environment
Ensure that parts being machined are within tight tolerances
Perform a variety of associated functions to maintain continuous operation of the system
Apply safe working methods
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
· Operate equipment including forklift, Hand Jack/pallet truck
· Noise levels of 85db or greater
· Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
· Lift up to 18lbs frequently
· Work at multiple heights
· Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
· Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
· Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
· Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
· Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
· Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
· Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
· Work in tight spaces
· Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
· Use of fine motor skills
· Use of hand tools
· Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, cut/heat resistant sleeves, etc.
· Computer skills to access Cat Intranet
· Ability to read prints and use gauges for Quality Inspection
1 year of CNC machining experience or machining certification from an accredited school or program
Intermediate proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints
Strong communication and organizational skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Strong commitment to safety
Must be able to work any shift / schedule as shifts / working hours will change with business needs
All shift positions available
Pay is $21.84 hr
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
This is a Supplemental position - minimum 40 hours per week with limited benefits available
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances including marijuana.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.