Novartis Services Incorporated Director HEOR New Products in East Hanover, New Jersey
Director HEOR New Products
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The HEOR Director is responsible for the development and execution of robust health economics and outcomes research strategies and studies for products from Phase 1 (proof-of-concept) through regulatory submission. This position will be responsible for developing product value propositions and HEOR evidence plans that support product differentiation and optimize commercialization, market access for new products. This position must be recognized as a strategic partner by medical, commercial and access colleagues and proactively participate in cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership in the area of HEOR, demonstrate strategic clinical, commercial and access thinking and be capable of leading multiple projects
* Provide strong co-leadership to the US Local Program Teams (LPTs) in the development of medical and HEOR strategies to demonstrate the value of disease/products within the Medical Units within US Medical Affairs with a focus on outcomes meaningful to payers, clinical decision-makers and patients.
* Proactively and innovatively generate and communicate evidence vital to optimize patient access and overall value of Novartis products in the US market.
* Exhibit medical leadership in strategic alignment with other areas and proactively proposing new impactful ideas on LPTs and other cross-functional teams.
* Develop communication/publication strategies for a given product and effectively translate and communicate impactful HEOR research to diverse audiences.
* Ensure timely development of high quality results (e.g. AMCP dossiers, cost-effectiveness & budget impact models) and effectively translate and communicate HEOR research to diverse audiences to support the communication of value proposition to our key customers.
* Lead and manage multiple projects and product budgets to target as directed as well as interact with external research partners in the execution of HEOR projects ensuring all research is conducted with a high level of scientific rigor.
* Build robust partnerships (MCOs, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), medical experts, etc.) as needed to deliver value messages on unmet need and for product pricing and re-imbursement, and optimal utilization.
* Publish and present research accomplishments at scientific conferences and forums.
* Graduate degree in a relevant subject area focused on health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, etc. (e.g. PhD, MHA, MPH, PharmD, etc.), or a relevant undergraduate degree and completion of a pharmacoeconomics fellowship. Preferred
* Minimum of 5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry or a managed care setting in the direct conduct of health economics and outcomes research studies. Preferred
* Expert level knowledge of health economic and outcomes research methods, including study design and analysis, patient-reported outcomes, and economic modeling.
* Strong commercial and clinical strategic mentality.
* Demonstrated knowledge of managed care, managed care decision making and the healthcare environment.
* Strong experience conducting research directly with managed care organizations, physician groups, and/or employers.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
East Hanover, NJ
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.