TEKsystems Enterprise Monitoring Tech in Eagan, Minnesota
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor day to day operation of large scale computing infrastructure involving 300+ applications.
• Determine cause of alarm and take appropriate actions including logging alert, create service ticket and notify stakeholders.
• Initiate, maintain and manage critical incident phone bridges (WebEx, Zoom)
• Act as service incident lead for issues including maintaining incident tickets, notification of executive leadership and follow up on resolution.
• Assist in triage and incident management with collection and analysis of performance metrics
• Assist development team in deployment activities by executing change requests or tasks maintaining SOX compliance
• Monitor and execute incident and change requests.
• Able to type and communicate in an effective manner
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience to include five years of progressively more difficult systems experience within IT.
• Basic understanding of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
• Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and operations.
• Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools.
• Ability to read and follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Must be able to work from Eagan, MN location. No remote work from any other location.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline
• Familiarity working with enterprise monitoring productions to include SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Neustar, and ServiceNow.
• Working knowledge of IT Service Desk model.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Experience working in large-scale IT environment.
• Experience with open source monitoring tools.
• Experience in Critical Incident Management, including communication with various levels of executive management (i.e. VP) via phone or email.
• Experience with three-tier architecture.
• Local to the Eagan, MN area. This position does not provide relocation assistance
Monitoring, incident management, triage
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Any experience with Systems Monitoring tools would be a nice to have - SolarWinds, Dynatrace, Nagios, Data Dog, etc.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.