IQVIA Strategic Operations Director -Lifecycle Safety (Home Based) in Durham, North Carolina
The primary focus of this position is to support the oversight and management of the Customer's projects and strategic initiatives within IQVIA Product Development. The role holder will support and lead activities required to achieve the accelerated growth of the designated customer's account. The position supports the governing of assets, resources, technology and processes required to support the designated customer portfolio of compounds in development.
• Provide strategic planning, direction and support to business/strategic development initiatives for designated customer.
• Directs the designated customer account globally to provide leadership oversight to customer and IQVIA assigned project teams and lead the development of and adherence by all project teams to an operations manual specific to the designated customer account for all product development projects.
• Lead the development of key customer rules of engagement and/or operational norms and ensure they are rolled out across the enterprise.
• Direct the delivery against key metrics, milestones, and contractual obligations for a portfolio of projects to encompass expectation setting and management against quality, time and financial objectives (e.g. project & portfolio margin targets).
• Serve as the primary operational management contact globally to the designated customer account; responsible for driving and ensuring appropriate communication channels are maintained and key customer expectations transcend the organization and are adhered to across the portfolio of projects.
• Lead the review of a customer pipeline, opportunities pending, and future customer needs in support of the quarterly development of resource forecasts for delivery to the cost centers providing resources to the designated customer account (e.g. project management, QLAB, Phase I, ECG, data management, clinical operations, biostatistics, etc).
• Act as the key relationship manager for designated customer; severe as the primary management holder for a designated customer escalation plan, recommend courses of action regarding client management issues; implement requisite action plans.
• Serve as a member of the designated customer Operations and Governance Committee(s).
• Team member responsible for participation in the development and support of customer sales initiatives; activities to include, proposal and budget development, commercial feasibility of potential programs and impact on company operations and goals.
• Cascade to and ensure adherence to global best practices by all members working on the designated customer account.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Other Degree in Life Science, Business Management or related field Req
• 12 years in the pharmaceutical, CRO, or related industry, experience to include clinical operations, CRA, Commercial and /or alternative operational functional (e.g. business development, data management, project management, laboratory, pre-clinical) Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Good problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Good team leadership skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.