Cree Epi Cleanrom Manufacturing Technician in Durham, North Carolina
Cree is looking for a highly motivated, independent, and resourceful Process Technician to support the Power & RF Epitaxy department. The primary purpose of this role is enable the production of clean, high-quality SiC and GaN wafers. Employee will assume ownership of delegated departmental responsibilities and participate in process development and continuous improvement efforts.
*This position is expected to work a 12-hour day shift
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to develop process, software, and equipment skills and drive continuous improvement projects
- Ability to work in a team with experienced scientists, engineers, technicians, and operators
- Position you to positively impact product performance, quality, and yield
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Provide technical assistance and maintenance to the Process Engineering, Process Development, and R&D groups
- Serve as the first point of contact for all process issues
- Perform calibrations, tool checks, and routine maintenance
- Perform IQC and work with vendors on design and construction of parts
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming materials
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers
- Perform hardware cleaning in acidic chemical bath
- Create and analyze basic statistical process control charts
What you need for success:
- 0-2 years semiconductor manufacturing experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills
- High energy, self-motivated attitude
- Capable of handling 15lb components within a chemical hood
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- AA or BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.