Cree Diffusion Process Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Cree | Wolfspeed is looking for a Diffusion Process Engineer to provide engineering leadership within a 24/7 semiconductor fabrication facility. Primary areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to thermal film growth and anneal processes.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop diffusion and thermal processes to support Power and RF semiconductor components for a wide range of applications. We are expanding our manufacturing capacity and capability due to the high demand for our diverse product lines. You will work with a team of engineers and technicians to qualify new processes in several facilities while maintaining high quality processes in a continuous improvement environment.
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Drive capacity and process qualification activities through our change management system
- Provide process control leadership to areas of your process ownership
- Develop and implement continuous process improvement initiatives for lower cost, higher throughput, and higher quality
- Own and improve our MOSFET gate oxide integrity strategy and controls
- Train technician and junior engineering staff on diffusion best practices
- Partner with equipment, development, and integration engineering teams to refine current and develop future equipment and process strategic roadmap
What you need for success:
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, Physics or other relevant engineering discipline.
- 1+ year manufacturing experience in semiconductor industry
- Demonstrated experience with structured problem-solving methodologies
- Positive interpersonal skills, highly energetic and self-motivated
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and deliver results
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3+ years manufacturing experience in semiconductor industry
- Experience with automated fault detection and quality control systems
- Knowledge of SPC techniques and strategies
- Understanding of semiconductor manufacturing principles and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external partners and vendors
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.