IQVIA Compliance Manager in Durham, North Carolina
The Compliance Manager will assist with the operations of the Ethics and Compliance Office (ECO) with specific responsibility for supporting IQVIA’s Risk Assessment, Audits and Monitoring (RAAM) function as it relates to global Healthcare Compliance (HCC) and anti-bribery/anti-corruption (ABAC) risks. The Compliance Manager will assist in establishing standards and implementing procedures to help ensure compliance initiatives throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and remedying non-compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies and procedures. The Compliance Manager helps drive an ethical culture of doing the right thing.
• Execute all phases, including planning, fieldwork and reporting, of audits per the annual plan
• Execute various monitoring activities per the annual plan
• Assist in establishing and implementing new systems and processes to monitor activities and further RAAM’s mission
• Utilize IQVIA information systems to prepare and execute monitoring operations
• Support and host of customer audits
• Manage and take accountability for RAAM projects and initiatives
• Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations based on understanding of business processes and work performed
• Maintain strong stakeholder focus by understanding the business needs while developing productive working relationships to accomplish auditing and monitoring objectives
• Serve as ambassador for ECO program across IQVIA globally
• Learn and understand IQVIA’s business
• Provide other operational and administrative support to the group, as assigned.
• 4-year degree
• 5-7 years of experience working in compliance, audit, or monitoring role within a consulting firm or in-house associated group such as QA, Compliance or Internal Audit
• Awareness of the legal and regulatory environment in which the company operates globally
• Awareness of Office of Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, U.S. Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs), and U.S. Federal and State transparency reporting requirements, relevant global equivalents and industry codes, (e.g., IFPMA, EFPIA, PhRMA, AdvaMed, MedTech)
• Experience in conducting compliance audits and monitoring related to U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), U.K. Bribery Act and other relevant global anti-corruption laws and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to deliver against critical business objectives on budget and on time, implement complex instructions, prioritize, be proactive, resolve conflicts, follow through on assignments, and be a team player
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and provide a high level of responsiveness across multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to identify and help deliver on process improvements
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Willingness to have a different opinion, ability to articulate thoughts and concepts well
• Poised and self-confident: ability to deliver effective oral and verbal communication, comfortable with public speaking
• Strong attention to detail
• Degree in business administration, compliance or accounting
• Relevant auditing or compliance professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Life sciences outsourcing (e.g., CRO, CSO, CMDO) experience
• Compliance auditing and/or monitoring experience in the life sciences industry (e.g., pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device) is preferred
• Travel up to 30% per year; including international travel
• Location: TBD
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.