WestCare Careers in DuQuoin, Illinois
Person in this position will be responsible for* providing direct clinical and treatment supervision; and *training to counseling staff. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily supervision of counselors assigned to the program;
- Monitor the adherence to the policies and procedures of the program;
- Conduct monthly quality assurance reviews of the treatment case files to ensure compliance with program standards;
- Facilitate groups, family groups, and assist clients of the program;
- Fill in for counselors during times they may be unavailable due to illness, training, etc.;
- Deliver individual and group counseling services, case management services, education and community outreach services, and referrals to appropriate services and community resources;
- Oversee and provide intake and program orientation for the client and family members including, but not limited to, assessment of psychological and social functioning and the development, implementation and ongoing review of the clients’ Individual Treatment Plans.
- Assist and monitor data collection and statistical reporting and complete Quality Improvement reports as requested;
- Maintain relationships with referring and supporting agencies and represent the agency at various community meetings as requested;
- Participate in facilitating ancillary services, e.g., family support groups, family education groups, continuing care, networking with community agencies, developing and updating referral and resource information, etc.;
- Supervise the maintenance of individual client treatment files in accordance with agency policies and procedures, including documentation of vocational/educational activities as well as all other pertinent documentation;
- Provide general client supervision, including planning and scheduling therapeutic activities;
- Prepare client progress reports, when necessary;
- Interact with the criminal justice system and/or referral sources, when necessary;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required;
- Clinical Certification, must:
- Hold clinical certification as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor from the Illinois Alcoholism and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (IAODAPCA), or
- Be a licensed professional counselor or licensed clinical professional counselor pursuant to the Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor Licensing Act [225 ILCS 107]; or
- Be a physician licensed to practice medicine in all its branches pursuant to the Medical Practice Act of 1987; or
- Be licensed as a psychologist pursuant to the Clinical Psychology Practice Act [225ILCS 15]; or
- Be licensed as a social worker or licensed clinical social worker pursuant to the Clinical Social Work and Social Work Practice Act [225 ILCS 20]; or
- If permissible and upon approval of the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC), other clinical certifications that mirror one of the requirements above may be acceptable.
- Two (2) years of providing alcohol and substance abuse counseling services.
*Training:* * If licensure is CADC, must complete 40 hours of continuing education biennially; * If licensure is not CADC, must complete required continuing education hours as required to maintain the other licensure.
*Working Conditions:* * Work is primarily performed in an institutional setting; and * Some outdoor activities may be required.
*Physical Demands:* * The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks; * Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds; * Occasional risk of intensive physical activity with clients; and * Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position.
Job Location: DuQuoin Prison - 835 IL-154 - DuQuoin, IL
Position Type: Undisclosed
Education Level: Undisclosed
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Undisclosed
Job Category: Undisclosed