BT Customer Service Advisor in Dundee, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
You will transform our customers’ service by providing a personal, simple and brilliant experience as you answer any simple query on one call with the ambition to resolve as many as possible at the first point of contact.
As you will be accountable for the experience you provide, you’ll be empowered to be brave, bold and naturally curious about our customers’ businesses, making every interaction even better by taking ownership of their issue to do the right thing for them.
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
You'll have the following responsibilities
Own the customer relationship from beginning to end, making it a positive experience.
• Match and promote products and services to the customers’ needs by being proactive and forward thinking.
• Set clear expectations of what happens next on all cases.
• Be open-minded and find creative solutions.
• Make critical interventions in the journey such as jeopardy management and welcome to service.
• Provide valuable feedback to the customer experience project team.
• Have great conversations challenging situations and championing the customer experience.
• Voice opinion and be open to change, raising issues or problems and collaborating with the team to help to test, learn and fix them.
• Work effectively with challenging priorities, workloads, and deadlines.
• Deliver customer excellence through active listening and meaningful questioning to resolve customer queries.
• The ability to spot solutions to keep the customer connected whilst dealing with the issue(s) or complaint(s) and offering alternatives.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• A good/careful listener who can also understand and interpret what the customer means.
• A problem solver who can remain calm and focused, particularly when dealing with distressed callers.
• Friendly, yet still professional, patient and empathetic with good orioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to follow through on actions
• Good in all forms of communication, whether telephone, online or in person coupled with tenaciy and resilience.
• Thorough and detail oriented with quick and accurate typing.
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
Competitive salary and benefits
World-class training and development opportunities
22 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
Share option and pension scheme programmes
Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.btplc.com/careers)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Customer service
Title: Customer Service Advisor
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Angus-Dundee
Requisition ID: 157657