Airgas Usa LLC Terminal Manager in Duncanville, Alabama
We are currently seeking a Terminal Manager in Cottage Grove, MN. This position is directly responsible for local safety management, driver recruiting and staffing, vehicle maintenance, and the overall efficient, effective cost management of the operation while complying with all regulatory agencies including, but not limited to DOT, OHSA, and FDA requirements at our facility
Who We Are: Airgas Merchant Gases (AMG) is a leading producer and distributor of industrial and medical gas products in the United States. AMG produces and distributes gas products, provides applications development and support, and manages the supply chain for products sold through both the bulk and packaged gases channels. AMG’s products serve a wide network of customers in manufacturing, food and beverage, petrochemical and chemical processing, health care, education, and many other market areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety and Supervision
- Directly supervise all bulk tanker drivers.
- Promotes and develops safe work behaviors. Provides coaching to reduce injuries and vehicle accidents in an effort to exceed safety targets.
- Conducts required monthly safety meetings for all assigned locations.
- Develops training tools to support Airgas Merchant Gases safety initiatives.
- Creates staff schedule to coordinate with logistics center personnel to ensure sufficient man days to exceed targets for customer satisfaction and customer service levels.
- Performs accident investigations, both preventable and non-preventable, recommending corrective actions to eliminate re-occurrences.
- Performs accident follow ups including post-accident check rides.
- Completes annual performance appraisals and development of improvement plans as required.
- Ensures sufficient driver staffing levels through recruitment and retention strategies.
- Manages driving associates in their delivery of cryogenic gases.
- Presents and tracks safety and quality required training
- Completes all required paperwork accurately on a timely basis to ensure compliance with company’s various policies and procedures.
- Other job duties as may be assigned.
- Ensures maximum utilization of vehicles, equipment and other resources at minimal cost
- Supervises rolling stock maintenance, controlling expenses by proper scheduling of preventative maintenance.
- Maintains fleet maintenance records and manages a central parts inventory system.
- Reviews distribution expenses with the ability to explain variances and recommend actions to execute for budget achievement.
- Manages 3rd party vendors providing fleet maintenance services for the terminal.
- Develops and maintains a sustainable audit process for driver files, vehicle maintenance records and shipping papers to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for DOT Hours of Service compliance for all drivers at assigned terminals.
- Assures all applicable DOT files for completeness and accuracy and compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of operations management experience supervising a staff of people with extensive practical distribution experience is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in the industrial and/or specialty gas business preferred.
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time);
*COMPUTER SKILLS: *
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn and utilize Google applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail)
- Able to save and maintain electronic files
- Ability to learn and use additional 3rd party software programs to track vehicle data and maintenance.
- Provides supervision of direct reports, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- On-call after normal working hours due to the 24-hour work of the National Scheduling Center required.
*COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: *
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 to 75 lb.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work doing occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Terminal Manager
Requisition ID: 31500