Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Electrical Systems - (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret in Dulles, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
National Space Systems programs include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
The Principal Electrical Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
• Preparing design reviews, writing statements of work for suppliers, defining and managing hardware and software interfaces, and requirements verification.
• The role will include customer interface, as well as regular interactions with internal engineering associates and program management.
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
• The role requires test plan writing, execution and reporting as a test director or test conductor.
• The role includes responsibilities for system definition through functional and timeline analyses.
• Candidate will be familiar with DC power systems and electrical systems concepts including EMI / EMC, communication protocols, failure analysis, and safe to mate testing.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret level clearance
• Experience with system analysis, design, and development
• Desired experience in one or more of the following system development tasks: trade studies, mass and power budgeting, systems architecting, requirements derivation and verification
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Master's Degree
• Experience with electrical hardware testing
• Familiarity with development of electrical hardware, spacecraft/power systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering