Leonardo DRS, Inc. Network Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Job ID: 100707
The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability and support anywhere in the world.
Location: Dulles, VA
Leonardo DRS GES is one of the lines of business of Leonardo DRS. GES is largest provider of SATCOM based Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions to the Federal Government. The Operations Support Engineer will be part of a matrixed Engineering and Technical Operations team.
The Operations Support Engineer's primary function will be to provide expert (tier 3) level technical support to our customers on our products and solutions. This person is expected to be a resource to other staff members and handle complex/escalated service issues and inquiries. The Operations Support Engineer should rely on extensive experience and judgement to accomplish goals and perform the essential functions of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineer and implement systems supporting internal and external customer requirements.
• Troubleshoot complex information systems and/or information technology issues.
• Provide escalation support for technicians troubleshooting basic engineering problems.
• Lead/supervise Jr. technicians.
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the microwave backbone physical and network layers.
• Perform routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance on physical layer microwave radio systems, components, and related devices (solar, wind, and generator power and fuel systems) and documents results.
• Perform system-level troubleshooting to determine point of failure of microwave circuits (physical layer) and related solar, wind, and generator power and fuel devices, and Identifies, analyzes, and corrects problems to maintain peak system operating performance.
• Monitor and support the information technology and systems infrastructure.
• Conduct proactive analysis of systems, identifying indicators of performance degradation and addressing discoveries through corrective action, systems improvement and/or training of Jr. technical staff.
• Participate in engineering, customer and/or business meetings.
• Travel to remote locations in support of business objectives
• Perform configuration changes on information security appliances (filters and firewalls) as directed.
• Participate in pre-sales activities such as the review, generation, and evaluation of proposals (RFP/RFQ/RFI, SOW, SOO) and Bill of Materials (BOM), providing wireless telecommunications technical and strategic input and ensuring compliance prior to submission; working with vendors to obtain quotes and negotiate pricing.
• Provide review and writing support on business proposal efforts.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years applicable information systems experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Knowledge of operating principles of wireless telecommunications systems and knowledge in concepts, characteristics, capabilities, and theoretical design of wireless telecommunications radio equipment.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with other IT professionals and end-users, and be able to present briefings to executive staff.
• Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each project and customer network.
• Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously, routinely multitasking and reassigning priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and development.
• CCNP, or equivalent network experience, strong routing/switching experience
• Palo Alto/Cisco ASA Firewall experience
• Experience with ticketing systems
• Willingness to work outside business hours to support outages and planned maintenance tasks.
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to obtain Secret Level Clearance
• Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
• CISSP certification or equivalent
• Experience and knowledge with Licensed RF/Microwave systems
#CA #CS #MM
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.