SMG Stagehand in Dubuque, Iowa
Stagehand work is part-time/on-call labor. Duties will include event set-up, show work, stage tear down or theater performances, rock/country concerts, sporting events, touring shows and other events in the Five Flags Area and Five Flags Theater.
- Load and unload crates and equipment from trucks, which can include handling items that weigh up to several hundred pounds.
- Move, assemble and position scenery.
- Prepare, move, install and operate counterweight fly system.
- Hang, plug, patch, focus and operate stage lighting.
- Operate and maintain Xenon spotlights.
- Prepare properties for use on stage, place stage decorations, and care for stage floor.
- Stage rigging.
- Maintain wardrobe and "dress" performers.
- Maintain area in and around stage.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, supervisor(s) and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to work on catwalks and ladders exceeding 15 feet or higher.
- Flexible hours including weekends, nights. Some late night hours will be required.
- Daily starting times will vary depending upon requirements of the days work.
- Will work around other job schedules and school in some cases.
- Work hours are casual, part-time, on call.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Energetic and responsible person, with good people skills and the ability to work with others as a team.
- Maintain attitude of "do whatever it takes."
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Experience as a stagehand or in performing various tasks related to stage and theatrical productions preferred.
- Ability to read and write required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Valid Drivers License or State ID Card and Social Security Card.
- Maintain neat/clean, well-groomed appearance.
"SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor."
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled