MasterCard Software Development Engineer I in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer I
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Scoring & API team in Dublin is looking for a Software Engineer Level 1 to drive our fraud detection strategy forward through innovation and problem-solving. Our team is responsible for designing and developing new capabilities and frameworks on the MasterCard Fraud Decision Management Platform (DMP). This platform provides sophisticated business solutions to authenticate users and combat fraud, while processing over a billion transactions a day. Specifically our team provide the APIs and backend services to drive risk assessment for card payments and help reduce fraud. This role is an early career role and would suit a recent graduate or someone with a little experience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
The role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, low latency Java based solutions on the Fraud Management Platform. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative, low latency, high performance Java based capabilities on the Mastercard Fraud
• Work as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team.
• Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical leads and
other developers to define user stories.
• Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software solutions.
• Assist with operational issues by troubleshooting incidents.
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Knowledge of Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging queuing systems.
• Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer environment.
• Exposure to Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON an advantage.
• Exposure to Linux, SQL, multi-threading an advantage.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Chef an advantage.
• Familiarity with Agile software development principles an advantage.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player.
• Interested in cultivating a high performance team environment.
• Fluency in English.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119791