MasterCard Senior Software Developer, Mastercard Developer Portal - Java in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Developer, Mastercard Developer Portal - Java
The API Platform team owns and operates Mastercard Developer Portal (developer.mastercard.com), the place created by developers for developers. We are looking for a technically strong, versatile and customer obsessed Software Developer to join our team. You will play a key role in designing and developing next generation digital products and services in Mastercard for a global audience.
• Do you love coding?
• Do you enjoy whiteboarding with your team mates to design features and solutions in an evolving Enterprise environment?
• Have you a strong background in developing and delivering high volume web services?
• Are you passionate about delivering high quality, high performing and highly extensible software?
• Are you as excited about the value of what you design and build for your customers as you are by the journey to deliver it?
• Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting global initiatives in Mastercard right now?
• Have you many pet projects not covered in your resume? We’d love to hear about them too.
• Lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions for global internal and external customers.
• Continually ideate, scope, develop, deliver, test and iterate features for the constantly evolving API Platform.
• Contribute to Mastercard Open Source projects that offer API Client signing and encryption libraries.
• Ensure appropriate levels of automation are adopted (build, deploy, configure, validate, monitor).
• Liaise with other global technology, data, operations teams to execute.
All About You
• Very strong Java and object-oriented design and development skills.
• Proven track record in web application development - multiple examples of solutions deployed where you were a key architect and coder.
• You care about the technical architecture and design - ensuring that the solution is flexibly designed and performs efficiently.
• Experienced working in an Agile environment with globally distributes teams. We deploy every 3 weeks.
• Background in Dev/Ops a distinct advantage.
• Background in automation a distinct advantage.
• Experience in designing and delivering APIs and security models an advantage
• Experience in building commerce/payment applications can be an advantage but not required.
• You strive to create highly intuitive and responsive products.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116758