Novartis Pharmaceuticals Scientific Writing Team Lead in Dublin, Ireland
60 – The number of new medicines Novartis will seek approval for over the next 2-3 years.
As a Team Lead in Scientific Writing you will lead a team in Dublin to produce high quality scientific documents, publication plans and medical information services, by providing leadership and implementing management control of the assigned scientific writers.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead a medical communications team (up to 12 FTEs) to ensure delivery of medical communications deliverables for the Global, regional and country organizations for assigned therapeutic areas, ensuring adherence to quality, timelines, and efficiency objectives.
• Accountable for high quality deliverables produced by the assigned team, including for the accuracy of the scientific content of the deliverables produced by the team (data accuracy and scientific messages).
• Proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics.
• Recruits talents, manages performance (set objectives, review performance and plan compensation) and develops associates (development/training plans, Organizational Talent Review, coaching or mentoring, as appropriate).
• Sets direction, aligns and motivates team members to achieve set goals and objectives.
• Leads priority setting, workload distribution and resource planning to ensure adequate assignment of resource to projects. Develops and implements appropriate management control systems to ensure quality deliverables and adherence to process compliance.
• Supports the development of functional and scientific excellence for identified brands by collaborating with other function heads and customers.
Scientific Writing Team Lead
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Minimum of Science degree or equivalent, B.Sc./ M.Sc./M.Pharm
• 8-10 years in the Medical Communications business, either in the Pharma Industry or Medical Communications agencies
• 3-5 years of experience in leadership roles
• Good understanding of work processes for medical communications
• Excellent written and oral English
• Pro-active and ability to work independently
• Demonstrate initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership
• Attention to detail and quality focused, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good influence, negotiation and diplomacy skills, and demonstrated people management skills
• Doctoral Degree or Qualification in Medical Sciences (MBBS/MD/equivalent), MBA
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Research & Development
Novartis Ireland Limited