Marriott Rooms Controller in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 20202818
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=JW+Marriott+Marquis+Hotel+Dubai%2CSheikh+Zayed+Road%2CDubai%2CUnited+Arab+Emirates%2CAE)
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
• Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Hotel product and services.
• Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
• Check House Count to establish selling strategy for shift, monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
• Ensure Daily Log and all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings
• Demonstrate and promote Quality Awareness amongst Front Office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front office sections.
• Ensure Contingency Reports are regularly printed and filed accordingly.
• Pre Block VIP and Marriott Elite members’ arrivals taking into account any special requirements.
• Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions and OPERA related reservation amendments are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion to all reception associates.
• Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
• Follow MRT program with housekeeping department.
• Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance, keeping manager and all concerned departments informed of any possible credit risks.
• Supervise and arrange all “long stay guest” reservations. Payments, guarantees, contracts, extensions, outstanding balance and other requirements throughout their stay.
• Have thorough knowledge of Cashing up procedure.
• Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
• Be in charge of virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments
• Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
• Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy
• Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS and other front office related operational software.
• Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the Front Office Operations
• Participate in the training and development of Front Office Associates and provide training to associates when necessary Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
• Support and practice Empowerment within the Front Office
• Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
• Be able to work shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
• Be reliever for the night supervisor when needed.
• Be able to identify and resolve Guests problems and feedback up to the guest satisfaction
• Ensure that LEARN and 5W’s methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
• Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
• Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
• Assuring that all Front Office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
• Have a thorough knowledge of Visa policy and procedures and assist in absence of visa coordinator.
• Supervising compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
• Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
• Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections.
• Attend weekly sales strategy and other front office operational meetings to ensure up to date information within the department.
• Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
• Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
• Perform any reasonable task as requested by the Management.
• Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
• Assist in maintenance of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages, etc
• Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
• Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
• Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
• Be flexible according to the business need
• Have an excellent approach to customer service
• Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
• At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
• Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.