Oracle Data Centre Regional Manager (UAE) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Data Centre Regional Manager (UAE)
An Oracle Data Center Manager will be the technical liaison between the
technology teams and the Data Center Environment. In this role, you will be
responsible to solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a
skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environments and systems
you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups. You
create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand
all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make
decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given,
paying attention to all details involved. You will be expected to improve and
contribute to the definition and specification of global processes to improve
and enhance global scalability, in addition to introducing automation with aim
In your position as Data Center Manager you will be managing a team of
Technicians in a 24/7/365 working environment. You will deliver results against
a defined set of objectives and maintain an effective management of staffing,
training, coaching and performance supervision.
Administrative duties include employee vacation and shift management,
planning for capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring
compliance with Oracle and government regulations.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your
region manager in planning and executing larger local projects. Some travel
will be involved.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Oracle Data Center andinfrastructure.
- Monitors the Data Centre infrastructure, to ensure responsiveness andavailability is maintained in accordance with SLAs.
- Responsible for managing a team of techs in a 24/7/365 workingenvironment.
- Oversees operational Data Centre projects and activities to ensure theyare delivered to meet requirements.
- Ensures incident, problem and change management processes andcommunications are strictly adhered to by Data Center staff.
- Ensure team manages incidents, problems and changes to the serviceefficiently and effectively following the agreed and documented processes.
- Ensure best in class Oracle standards are followed by staff, vendors andcontractors.
- Participate in On-Call rotation as Manager On-Duty with other DC Managers inRegion.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem.
- Communicates with senior managers to advise, influence and determinestrategic business needs.
- Experience with and ability to communicate to executive levels.
- Ability to work as part of a wider global team.
- Cross cultural experience.
- Working on standardization projects for both hardware and software underthe Oracle technology stack; while providing consistent system uptime asexpected in an IaaS environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, andexperience with technical project management.
5years experience managing teams, including line management, appraisals,performance reviews, development, hiring and onboarding new team members,etc.
3-8years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administrationin a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000 server systems).
3-8years of experience supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tierapplications, software, and operating systems.
Previousexperience in co-determination requirements and working with employeerepresentatives / Works Council desirable.
ExcellentEnglish language skills with strong communication skills required.Additional German language skills are an advantage.
Musthave demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
Systemsadministration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
Programming/ scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
Demonstratedexamples of process improvement execution
Demonstratedexamples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process tosolve customer problems
Abilityto work independently, with little direct management
Experiencesupporting large Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team supporting and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Successful track record in applications implementation and as a manager. Expert knowledge of all applications within a business area; plus some knowledge of other applications. BA/BS degree preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire