Campbell Soup Company Maintenance Apprentice in Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Mechanic Apprentice position, which reports to the Maintenance Leader, provides technical support to Plant Operations. Qualifications for this N.O. position include:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency with a vocational or technical focus (Training in Industrial Technology or a related field preferred).
• Prior industrial maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
• Outstanding mechanical aptitude. Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-speed food processing/packaging equipment and robotics.
• Thorough working knowledge of industrial electricity, including operation and control of 120v through 480v systems and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and OE manuals.
• Scheduling flexibility, with availability for a second or third shift assignment, as well as weekend and overtime work.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer skills including Windows based systems and SAP system preferred.
• Maintain neat, clean, organized work area (immediate and surrounding); fully support all 5S initiatives.
• Communicate with previous/following shifts, as well as Machine Operators, Supervisors and Leaders, and other employees to ensure quality information flow in support of DDS and all continuous improvement initiatives.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.