United Cerebral Palsy of Central Pennsylvania Inc. Direct Support Professional, Residential Services- Awake Overnight Full-time Weekdays and every other weekend 10pm-10am in Dover, Pennsylvania
Join TEAM UCP: We empower people to live a meaningful life through innovative support and services.
At UCP, we share a passion and a purpose: to empower people to live meaningful lives.
Our commitment to the people we support equips them to realize their full potential and live with the greatest degree of independence. But we don’t stop at changing lives. We also work to change public perception as we relentlessly pursue a vision of communities that embrace the abilities of every individual.
If you would like to start an exciting career with an organization committed to excellence and innovation, please consider joining the new UCP of Central PA team and start a rewarding career!
What you’ll do:
Enhance the ability of the participant to lead a self-determining life by providing the support and information necessary to build self-esteem, and assertiveness; and to make decisions.
Apply effective, sensitive communication skills to build rapport and channels of communication by recognizing and adapting to the range of participant communication styles.
Assist and/or facilitate the development of an individualized plan based on participant preferences, needs, and interests.
Assist the participant to meet physical (i.e. health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (i.e. human development, human sexuality), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities.
Assist the participant with household management (i.e. meal prep, laundry, cleaning, decorating) and with transportation needs to maximize skills, abilities, and independence.
Assist with identifying, securing, and using needed equipment (i.e. adaptive equipment) and therapies (i.e. physical, occupational, and communication).
Explore with the participant his/her vocational interests and aptitudes, assist in preparing for job or school entry, and review opportunities for continued career growth.
Demonstrate the importance of community involvement, social interactions, and maintaining relationships. Develop and facilitate community connections and relationships.
Coordinate activities including shopping trips, social outings, and doctor’s appointments per each individual’s requests.
Match specific supports and interventions to the unique needs of individual participants and recognize the importance of friends, family, and community relationships.
What we’re looking for –
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required. Associate’s Degree or technical certification within a related area preferred. 6 months to 2 years of previous jobs related experience preferred.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean record (no DUIs within the last five years).
• Access to regular use of a vehicle with valid insurance coverage.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Flexible to work all assigned work schedules including holidays, evenings, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
• Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
It’d be great if you also have:
• Knowledge specific to the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and/or the aging population.
External Company Name: UCP Central PA
External Company URL: https://www.ucpcentralpa.org/
Street: 4013 Jules Lane