SC Department of Public Safety CERT Lieutenant (#013398) Lieber Correctional Institution, Dorchester (Lieber) Level 3 in Dorchester County, South Carolina
Posting has been extended to fill Multiple Vacancies
Under general supervision:
- Takes action as a Correctional Emergency Response Team member to contain and control the immediate crisis area on an incident and, if necessary, regains control of the area by non-lethal force.
- Isolate, control and quell disturbances/incidents that are the beyond the control of an institutional A or B level response.
- Respond to incidents of barricaded inmates or hostage situations.
- Respond to incidents of inmates refusing to lockdown or other crowd control scenarios.
- Respond to other situations as directed, which involve an exceptionally high risk or special need, and may require tactical planning and action which would enhance the safety of staff and offenders.
- Escort inmates displaying assaultive behavior inside the facility.
- Acts as a member of high-risk cell extractions team.
- Gathers intelligence while conducting any duties in the institution to provide to the Intelligence Supervisor or Contraband Supervisor. Must Complete SCDC basic Training, becoming a Certified Class II officer from SCDC Upon hire
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
*State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: * A high school diploma and supervisory experience in a Correctional, Security, or Police work. A Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Criminal Justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experience. (or an acceptable Equivalency as approved by the division of State Human resources)
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Three (3) years of correctional security, police work or military;
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
Must submit a resume. Additional Comments
Five positions will be filled from this announcement.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $34,840.00 - $44,994.00 Annually
Location: Dorchester County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 013398
Class Code: JD40
Position Number: 013398
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $34,840.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $44,994.00
Opening Date: 01/26/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through SCDC careers site only. You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Hours/Weekly: 40.00 Shift Schedule: 02 Work Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Hours will vary
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210