Huron Consulting Group Workday Student - Solution Architect in Detroit, Michigan
Huron helps its clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We partner with higher education organizations to develop strategies and implement solutions that enable the transformative change our clients need to own their future. Together, we empower clients to drive innovation, create sustainable funding streams and deliver better student outcomes.
Today, leaders of higher education institutions and academic medical centers are spending too much time reacting to market forces, rather than focusing on the essential priorities that help students, faculty and staff thrive. The most productive path forward requires an intentional approach and innovative thinking, whereby stakeholders across the entire institution rally around a shared vision and embrace the hard work of effecting change.
You’ll help our clients create their future business and technology strategy, attract, retain and graduate students, decrease operating expenses and increase revenue, optimize research operations and improve employee satisfaction, financial management, operational and organizational effectiveness, research administration, and regulatory compliance.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
The Student Lifecycle Solutions (SLS) practice assists clients with the planning and consultation of Student focused services, including the implementation of Workday Student. In this role, individuals will lead teams and work in conjunction with other Huron and client team members through various implementation lifecycle phases including sales, assessment, planning, architecting, prototyping, conversion, training, testing, deployment and post-production support.
As a leader in the SLS Workday practice with a specialization in Workday Student, the Student Architect is capable of being a thought leader in the Higher Education space. They will be a go-to leader within Huron to provide expert solution architecting across multiple engagements, functional and technical areas, and Workday product lines.
Workday Student Solution Architect and Student Process SME:
• Assist Business Development team by providing solutions guidance and design/strategy support throughout the sales process
• Provide functional and technical guidance, support for RFI’s, RFP’s and general proposal delivery
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise and ensure cross-functional support and collaboration in the areas of Recruiting & Admissions, Student Records, Financial Aid, and Student Financials
• Cognizant of key touchpoints across the Workday HCM/Payroll, Finance and Student spectrum and identification of the strategic parameters associated with evaluating varying design directions
• Advise implementation project team members regarding key configuration and design considerations that impact all areas of the Workday Student application including touchpoints with Workday HCM and Financials products.
• Work with Huron leadership to help establish professional development opportunities in solution areas as well as mentor and guide more junior resources.
• Capable of troubleshooting Student configuration issues related to business process framework, architectural design, integrations, security, custom reporting, and data conversions.
• Provides client leadership and project managers with recommendations that support a transformational approach to deploying a cloud-based student information system including in-depth planning and cutover activities.
• Considered a lead Solution Architect within the Higher Education ecosystem by Huron, its competitors, and Workday by representing Huron’s SLS practice at industry conferences, Workday events, and internally across Huron’s broader Workday practice.
• Evaluate disparate Workday design options and propose recommended solutions based on a combination of leading practices, accumulated experience, and customer needs
• Remain knowledgeable of Workday updates and roadmaps, especially as an expert in key deployment approaches of Workday Student.
• Influencer in the Workday ecosystem and provide guidance to customers on product to meet requirements
• Capable of delivering comprehensive solutions by leveraging components across all Workday products, both functional and technical, while considering the impact and inclusion of other client enterprise applications such as CRM, IdM, LMS, and other third party enterprise systems.
Program and Project Management:
• Manages client deliverables, support resource planning and quality assurance
• Effectively leads multiple smaller, or a single large engagement
• Develops detailed project plans with budget and resources loads
• Manages engagement economics including financial forecast, burn rates, and AR
• Develops and manages senior level client relationships
• Ensures overall work product quality by leveraging expertise across the organization
• Develops scope, budget, and statement of work for project portfolio
• Develop consistent approaches to deliver Workday solutions with a high level of quality and maximum efficiency
• Provides leadership to practice and team direction on engagements beyond individual contribution
• Contributes to business development efforts to support SLS strategic goals
• Develops others by sharing expertise, coaching, and mentoring
• Oversees development of proposal responses
• Actively contributes to thought leadership through participation in national conferences, webinars, and/or publications
• Identify gaps in practice knowledge and/or skill sets and identify strategies to enhance capabilities over time (e.g., external training, internal knowledge sharing, template development, etc.)
• Huron requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years work experience in the information technology, accounting, human resources, research administration, student lifecycle management or consulting field
• 5+ years work experience implementing, upgrading, and/or optimizing Student Information or ERP systems
Preferred Skills & Experience
• 3+ years experience working directly in the Workday ecosystem
• Active Workday Student certification
• Significant experience with estimating, implementation, planning and project management
• Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
• Proven thought leadership as indicated by speaking engagements and/or publications
• Passion and drive for business development and problem solving
• Ability to translate client needs and feedback into coherent project plans
• Excellent communication skills - oral and written - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
• Ability to train and participate in the professional development of Huron staff in both project-management and technical dimensions
• Ability to manage multiple projects of differing scale and duration
• Experience in the financial, operational, or research administration areas of a university, hospital, or academic medical center
*You can live anywhere in the continental US
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0000727
Category: Higher Education Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9460