IQVIA Clinical Research Coordinator (Avacare) Clinic-based in West Des Moines, IA & Must be Commutable in Des Moines, Iowa
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. We look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Perform a variety of clinical procedures to collect, record, report and interpret data on patients enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies according to the protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Assist with daily workload planning.
• Provide clinical research support to investigators to prepare for and execute assigned research studies, including:
• Review study protocols, Case Report Forms (CRFs), other study-specific documents, and electronic data capture systems used to record clinical research data;
• Attend all relevant study meetings;
• Recruit and screen patients for clinical trials and maintain subject screening logs;
• Orient research subjects to the study, including the purpose of the study, procedures, and protocol issues such as timelines for visits;
• Design and maintain source documentation based on protocol requirements;
• Record and maintain research subject study data according to study protocol and SOPs, preserving quality control for content, accuracy and completeness;
• Handle lab testing and analysis, including preparation of specimen collection tubes and lab logistics;
• Monitor subject safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel;
• Correspond with research subjects and troubleshoot study-related questions or issues;
• Participate in “huddles” to confirm daily study tasks are assigned to team members and are executed to the expected standards;
• Perform a variety of complex clinical research procedures including but not limited to ECG, sample collection, spirometry, vital signs, dose verification, cannulation and cardiac telemetry monitoring.
• Record, report and interpret study findings appropriately to develop a study-specific database.
• Assist investigator in verifying that research study objectives are met on time, within budget and according to applicable protocol requirements, clinical research regulations and quality standards.
• Provide training to new investigator site staff members on study-specific topics and requirements. Assist in maintaining adherence to investigator site staff training requirements by auditing and maintaining training records.
• Prepare for and attend study monitoring visits, study audits, and regulatory inspections with clinical research regulatory agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of clinical trials
• In-depth knowledge of protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Skilled in using MS Windows and Office applications such as Access, Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A High school diploma and 1+ years’ relevant work experience in a clinical environment or medical setting is required but a BS degree would be preferred (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
• Applicable certifications and licenses as required by the company, country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.