Entercom Communications Staff Engineer, Streaming Platforms in Denver, Colorado
Staff Engineer, Streaming Platforms Apply (https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Login?prejobId=15769)
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Entercom is looking for an innovative, result-oriented and passionate Staff Engineer with technical leadership responsibilities to lead integration and implementation of cutting-edge digital streaming platforms for RADIO.COM. The candidate will be responsible for guiding and mentoring the team with focus on research, architecture, prototyping, working with vendors on integration and development of RADIO.COM digital streaming solution as we are working to reinvent radio.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products and online service that iterates rapidly. Someone who has experience in some, or all, of the following areas: audio/video Acquisition, Encoding, Packaging, Service Side Ads Insertion and Delivery. You must have knowledge of cloud based solutions, experience in managing vendors and tracking QoS. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery. The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $150,000 - $170,000 per year; this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
● Design, integrate and drive delivery of scalable end-to-end RADIO.COM streaming platform and solutions
● Recommend and develop state-of-the art streaming solutions to maximize technology and business success
● Regularly report on the progress of all technical initiatives towards RADIO.COM streaming platform goals and strategies
● Provide technical guidance and mentor junior team members
● Build and maintain a positive and productive team culture
● Deliver high-quality maintainable code
● Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
● Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
● 7+ years of engineering experience with streaming products in relevant field
● 3+ years of team leadership experience
● Intuitive design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting reliable systems that scale
● Demonstrated working experience with Encoders, Just-In-Time Packaging solutions, Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) and service side ads insertion
● Experience with Video/Audio codecs: AAC, MP3 and understanding of end-to-end adaptive bitrate (ABR) streaming with HLS
● Experience writing NodeJS applications and Serverless technologies
● Knowledge of Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and SCTE standards is a plus
● Experience creating detailed video and network system diagrams
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work across environments and juggle many large initiatives with tight timelines
● Experience writing applications and integration layers with first and third party APIs
● Experience with Infrastructure of Code on AWS or other cloud provider preferred
● Familiar with traditional PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.)
● Understanding of RESTful API patterns
● BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S and the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news. Home to the nation’s most influential collection of podcasts, digital and broadcast content, and premium live experiences, Entercom engages over 170 million consumers each month. Available on every device in every major U.S. market, the company delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. Entercom’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Learn more at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.