Frontier Airlines Senior Manager, Ancillary Revenue in Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, USA
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
*Who We Are *
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What Will You Be Doing?
The Senior Manager, Ancillary Revenue will lead the team responsible for the management, development, and changes to Frontier’s air-related ancillary products. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the expansion and ownership of the data for analytics and machine learning in Ancillary and the overall Pricing and Revenue Management team, and the delivery of data and models to selling systems. This position will be a leader in creating, evaluating, and championing new or improved products and data solutions, including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the presentation of Frontier’s bundle, baggage, and pre-assigned seats, worth on the website, app, call center and airport, working with Ecommerce, Commercial Technology, Customer Care, and the Airports team;
- Drive the creation and realization of dynamic offers for core ancillaries
- Lead and develop team responsible for all aspects of development, pricing, forecasting, and analysis surrounding Frontier’s ancillary product offerings;
- Own, upgrade, and expand the operational data ecosystem for PRM, including existing data flows for competitive data, booking data, and shopping data;
- Increase the number and scale of sources to include all possible signal carriers,
- Oversee the development and evaluation of test cases for new products or changes to existing products, with internal partners;
- Design flows for code transfers and APIs for rapid deployment between programs for revenue generation;
- Lead in all transversal projects related to ancillary offers and PRM technology, working with internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead the identification of “quick revenue wins” on the website and apps that can increase revenue, and lead on their successful resolution in collaboration with the Ecommerce and IT teams;
- Drive and support revenue integrity initiatives undertaken with Revenue Accounting, Customer Service and the Airports team, including assessment of change/cancel revenue impacts;
- Own the existing relationships, and create new ones, for the operations of PRM technology and data and the integration of programs and systems, including for: competitive data, PSS’ multiple data sources and delivery options, Planitas Airline Systems, shopping and demographic data, and all of Frontier’s POS;
- Develop new sources of data and new program connections to drive revenue generation;
- Champion new technology and realize opportunities in offer presentation, offer management, stream-processing, and source development;
- Manage data flows to and code realization from R&D external partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Finance, Aviation Management or related field required;
- 8+ years of experience in revenue generative roles, including pricing, product development, product ownership, ecommerce, and/or technology supporting commercial and marketing activities;
- 3+ years of management of one or more employees;
- 2+ years of vendor/external partner management preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in airline commercial field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of online sales and merchandising
- Knowledge of data sourcing and flows
- Knowledge of systems design, especially as relates to selling systems and data platforms
- Ability to collaborate across teams, departments, and with external business partners
- Ability to lead and manage projects independently or as part of a broader group
- General MS Excel
- General SQL knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiarity with airline offers and selling and PSS systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
*Salary Range: *$95,000 - $118,000/yr.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: January 30, 2021